A roof of 2200 square feet will cost homeowners between $5700 to $9100. The home you live in needs an upgrade to its roof, and many elements go into the cost. CAN WE HELP YOU SAVE? Learn the price of replacing an area of 2200 square feet for a roof.
Cost to Replace a 2200 Sq Ft Roof
The cost of a new roof is contingent on the material used and a host of other elements. This is a breakdown of roof costs based on the materials for a roof that covers 2,200 square feet:
- Metal roof: $8,300 and $22,000
- Asphalt shingle: $6,400 to $22,000
- Tile roof: $20,500 to $34,500
- Slate: $12,800 to $21,000
Although replacing a roof isn’t a DIY project for anyone, it is possible to ensure that an expert is doing a fair job by estimating the price of shingles yourself. This is a good guide if you’re considering new asphalt roofing with shingles. Shingle makers will rate roofing according to the area of 100 square feet. What you should consider in determining the amount your shingles will cost and the quantity of roofing you’ll need:
- Multiply the length by the width of each part of your roof to calculate the total area.
- You can add 10. You’ll need this added to accommodate for the possibility of waste.
- Divide the total by 100 to calculate how many squares of your roof will require.
- Make sure you purchase additional bundles of roofing if you require repairs to the roof shortly. Manufacturers sometimes stop producing specific kinds of roofing.
If you own a 2,200-square-foot roof, you should consider purchasing at least 30 squares. There will be eight different squares to fill in the gaps and provide additional shingles if required at some point in the near future.
Although you’ll require a specific amount of squares, roofing companies sell roofing squares. They generally combine the squares. The typical requirement is between three and five bundles to cover one sq. meter of roofing.
The manufacturer must specify how many feet the bundle covers. The greater each bundle will provide the weight of the shingle less coverage.
What are the Factors of Roof Replacement?
Many factors influence the cost of the replacement of a roof. The price of shingles is only one of the elements. There are additional factors to consider when you search for roof contractors:
- Where are you located: the location of your home and area is a factor in the price of the roof.
- How high is your house?: The number of stories can increase the chance of roofers and the potential labour cost.
- How steep is your roof?: The roof’s pitch will determine the number of shingles you’ll require and the risk of damage. Roofs with steep pitches take longer to shingle compared to a low-pitched roofs.
- What is the condition of your roof?: Removing the roof can be more expensive if you have many levels of old roof shingles that you need to get rid of first.
The quality and type of shingles you pick affect the total cost of replacement. A 30-year shingle, for instance, could cost between $16,500 and $9,000 to replace, whereas a 50-year shingle can cost anywhere from approximately $11,000 to $18,500.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Roof On A 2,200 Square Foot House?
A leaky roof does not necessarily require a completely new roof. Get a professional to inspect your roofing to see if you can be able to live with the repair in the meantime. Repairing a 2,200 sq. ft. roof is less than a brand new roof. The most common roof repairs vary from as little as $150 to more than a thousand dollars. Roofers’ labour costs range between $45 and $75 per hour, based on where you reside.