Home Depot Door Installation Cost – Removing a door can be an easy and efficient method to improve the look of your home. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to revamp your home’s decor or to increase the appearance; this thorough guide will assist you in planning for the task by breaking down the costs for the installation of a door on the exterior or for replacing your interior doors.
Note: These rates are the national averages and may vary based on the market.
average cost for home depot door installation
Interior door installation generally costs less than exterior door installation.
Estimates can vary depending on the design of the door you pick, the condition of the house, and the amount of labor needed. Homeowners can cut costs by installing several doors simultaneously during the remodelling project since the cost is typically lower to install each door.
|Interior: $178 – $398||1-2 Doors: $159 – $798 each
3-5 Doors: $129 – $718 each
6+ Doors: $99 – $698 each
|Exterior: $398 – $998||Single Entry Door: $368 – $1,378
Double Entry Door: $478 – $1,798
|Patio: $498 – $1,298||Patio Door: $478 – $1,798
Oversized Patio Door: $508 – $1,918
Average Cost of Basic Door Installation by Style
Some doors are more challenging to install than others and can prompt higher labor costs. These averages don’t include the price of the door itself.
Note: These rates will vary by market.
|Patio Doors||$618 Each||Often referred to as sliding glass doors, patio doors are two glass panels that slide open to allow access to the patio.|
|Bi-pass Doors||$228 Each||Also known as “bypass doors,” these doors slide open side-to-side and are a common choice for closet doors.|
|Bi-fold Doors||$228 Each||Bi-fold doors feature two panels with a middle hinge and they fold into each other when opened. These are mainly used for closet doors.|
|Traditional Slab Doors||$228 Each||Traditional slab doors feature a single panel of material attached to the doorframe with hinges on one side.|
|Swinging French Doors||$324 Each||Swinging French doors are a set of two doors that swing open inward or outward.|
|Barn Doors||$288 Each||Barn doors slide open on either side along a track at the top of the frame.|
|Pocket Doors||$228 Each||Pocket doors slide into a pocket opening in the wall. They are a popular choice for bathrooms and other small rooms with tight spaces.|
|Screen Doors||$98 Each||Screen doors feature a mesh screen that lets natural light into your home and encourages ventilation. These accommodate hinged, in-swing entry doors.|
|Storm Doors||$168 Each||Designed for climates with higher rates of precipitation, storm doors are installed in front of the entry door to shield your home from the elements.|
|Security Doors||$238 Each||Safeguard your home with a security door that provides additional protection with sturdy features like iron bars.|
|Entry Doors||$468 Each||These sturdy doors offer entry into your home, featuring keyed entry locks and various customizable features.|
Average Cost of Door Parts & Hardware – Home Depot
Take into consideration door hardware and parts when you are planning the expense of installing your doors. There’s a wide price range for these items. Here are the most commonly used door hardware and door parts you could require:
- Knobs/Handles: $10 to $300 each
- Door Slab: $100 and up
- Threshold: $50 each
- Hinges: $2 to $20 each
- Door Jamb: $100 and up
- Deadbolt: $15 to $300 depending on manufacturer and model
- Glass: Varies
- Door Insulation: $5 to $25
- Note: These rates will vary by market.
Average Cost of Door Installation by Material – Home Depot
Installation costs do not differ by material.
- Fibreglass: Fibreglass doors make an excellent alternative to wooden doors. They are simple to clean and provide excellent strength, insulation, and flexibility in design and style.
- Steel, a trendy option for doors used outside Steel, offers excellent security and weather resistance. If they are not appropriately maintained, they could be rusty over time.
- Wood The classic option is perfect for both exterior and interior doors. Wood doors are highly durable and flexible. However, it is essential to maintain them regularly to keep looking great over time.
- Composite Modern and versatile, composite doors have many advantages over exterior doors, such as energy efficiency, durability, and personalization of style and hardware. It requires minimal maintenance.
Official Website: www.homedepot.com