Home Depot Shed Installation Cost – Installing a shed is a great way of getting storage space and a functional area you can use with family members or your business.
There are many options for sheds, including sizes, styles, and designs that can be difficult to choose from.
It would help if you also considered the cost of installing a shed on your property. Although sheds are more affordable than adding an addition to your home, it is still important to do your research before you purchase a shed.
Large, sturdy sheds, and sheds made from materials like wood, generally cost more. But only some people need a huge or well-designed wood shed.
This is where you decide what your shed will be used for. Are you ready to find the perfect shed for your property? This guide will help you find out more about shed installation costs.
Average Home Depot Shed Installation Cost
On average, homeowners spend $4,500 to install a shed on their property. This includes labor, materials, and the entire installation cost.
Average Shed Installation Cost By Exterior Sidewall Height
Sidewalls that are higher than average are more functional. This is a great option if you intend to spend more time in your shed doing woodworking projects. The average shed costs more if the sidewall height is higher.
- 4-foot sidewall height: $2,500
- 6-foot sidewall height: $3,000
- 7-foot sidewall height: $3,500
- 8-foot sidewall height: $4,000
All prices include labor, materials, and basic installation.
Average Shed Installation Cost By Material
Your shed’s material choice determines its performance, durability, and aesthetic appeal. Some materials cost more than others, so it is important to determine which shed material you need before you start building your budget.
Below is the average cost of a shed installation, broken down by the material.
- Metal sheds: $1,000
- Plastic or composite resin sheds: $1,000
- Wood sheds: $4,000
All prices include labor, materials, and basic installation.
Average Shed Installation Cost By Style
A shed is a practical addition to your property. The style of shed you choose can impact the appearance of your property, whether you are adding it to store tools or for business purposes. Any structure located near your home will be visible to your guests and anyone who passes by.
The right shed style can enhance the appeal of your home. Below is a breakdown of the average shed installation price by style:
- Ranch style sheds: $3,000
- Barn look sheds: $3,500
- Lean-to sheds: $3,000
These prices include labor, basic installation and materials.
Add-Ons and Customizations That Can Impact Cost
These are the most common customizations and add-ons that can affect shed installation costs.
- Double Doors: double doors make your shed easier to access and allow you to store more items. Additional doors may increase the price of your shed.
- Additional shed doors. Your shed can be more functional with more access points. The cost of installing a secondary door to your shed can vary depending on what type you have.
- Decorative hardware and trim: The trim and hardware that you use to decorate your shed will match your home. It will feel more finished. Some styles are more durable than others.
- Overhead and residential door upgrades: Adding new doors to your shed can make it more durable and functional and improve its aesthetics. You can make your shed feel like home by upgrading your residential doors. If you regularly move large objects in and out of your shed, overhead doors can make it more functional. You can increase ventilation by installing roll-up overhead doors.
- Windows: If you plan on spending a lot of time in your shed, adding windows is a smart decision. Windows are also required for sheds that are used to house plants.
- Shutters: Shelving protects your windows and adds style to your shed. There are many styles to choose from, so it will impact your cost.
- Skylights: Skylights are usually more affordable than full windows and allow light to enter your shed. This is a great option if your shed is used as a workspace or home office.
- Window box: A window box placed on the exterior of your shed is the ideal place to house plants and greenery. Window boxes can add style and charm to your shed, making it blend in with your home. This is especially important if the shed is close to your house.
Floor & Roof Upgrades
- Floor joist and decking upgrades: Floorjoist and Decking Upgrades make sheds more durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic and large, heavy objects.
- Shingle or metal roof upgrades: A more durable shed roof can last many years. In areas with severe weather, roof upgrades might be recommended.
- Roof pitch upgrade: Roof pitched upgrades tend to increase the height of your shed’s roof, which gives you more space. This is a great option if you want more storage or tall shelving.
- Shelving and workbench: A small shed can feel larger and more functional by adding built-in shelving or a workbench. They may be necessary if you intend to use your shed as a tool storage area or workspace.
- Pegboard: Similar to shelving and a workbench, but with pegboard, you can hang anything from garden tools to hand tools. Pegboard can be a great addition to any shed and is usually cost-effective.
- Overhead loft: Above-ground lofts are a great addition to your home if you want to maximize storage space. Cost-related structural additions can impact your budget, so evaluate whether you need an overhead loft or a larger shed.
- Paint: paint provides protection and aesthetic enhancements to your shed.
- Ventilation If you intend to use your shed as a home office or for pets, ventilation is a must. Ventilation is usually inexpensive but can make your shed more usable.
Additional Factors That Can Impact Shed Installation Cost
- Pouring a concrete foundation: Although not required in all cases, it will be an additional expense if you have one. Prices vary depending on the size and type of shed.
- Permits and Engineering: Some areas may require permits to install a shed. If your property needs extensive work before shed installation can be done, engineering costs could apply.
- Site preparation: leveling is the most popular site preparation cost, as only some have perfectly level ground. These are the most common costs for installing a shed structure.
- High wind and snow load areas: Installations in snowy and high winds areas can slow down the process. This can often increase your total cost.
- Brand: High-quality brands with a reputation for quality tend to be more expensive.
- Delivery over 30 miles: Long-distance delivery may add cost to your installation.
Many options are available when choosing the right shed to fit your needs. These are just a few of the options you should keep in mind.
- Online purchase is possible. We can assist with installation.
- A shed can be purchased, and we will help you to assemble it on your property. Although you will need to be familiar with the installation details, it is possible to put together a shed at a fraction of the cost.
- DIY is an option. We will be glad to assist you in finding the right materials for your shed so that you can assemble it and put it together.
- Prefabricated Sheds: You can order your shed online. We can assist with installation.
- Prefabricated Sheds with in-home assembly: We can help you to assemble your shed. Although you will need to be familiar with the installation process, it is a cost-effective and efficient way to install a shed.
- Build Your Own Shed: We will be glad to help you locate the right materials to assemble them and put them together yourself.
Although strong and durable sheds require minimal exterior and interior maintenance. Here are the facts:
- The shed must be painted within the first 90 days after installation.
- Your shed must be repainted every three to five years, depending on weather conditions and the general environment. You may need to paint more frequently in areas with a lot of rain or sun.
- To avoid soil settling, you may have to move sprinklers from your shed.
- Every few years, minor interior improvements such as shelving repairs or replacements of workbenches might be necessary.
- Items like interior and exterior door handles may wear out over time.
Why Choose The Home Depot?
- Are you ready to find the perfect shed for your outdoor space? The Home Depot is the best for shed installation stock, a wide range of sheds and high-quality products. It’s easy at The Home Depot to find the shed that suits your needs.
- Tuff shed offers free custom design. This means you can design the shed that suits your needs and requirements. We can then install it exactly as you have designed.
- Free in-home consultations are available so that you can meet professionals and discuss your shed on your property. Because they enable professionals to view your space and better understand what you need, in-home consultations deliver superior results.
- Delivery is available within 30 miles of your Home Depot store.
- Our installation teams are vetted, badged and trusted. This gives you complete peace of mind during every stage of your installation.
- We offer flexible financing options that allow you to get the shed you want now and then pay it off over time.
- Our warranties for workmanship and materials are simple and clear. Every time you shop at The Home Depot, you know exactly what you are getting.
Need Help? Please call us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337)
Official Website: www.homedepot.com
FAQs – Home Depot Shed Installation Cost
How much does the shed installation cost?
The shed installation cost depends on many factors, including the style, material and size of your shed. You can add customizations or additional features to your shed, which will also affect the cost.
What is included with the purchase of an installed storage building?
The cost for your custom shed installation includes professional installation and assistance with designing the building.
What kinds of storage sheds do you build and install?
The Home Depot can install custom sheds in many styles and materials. Our installers can create the perfect storage shed for you, whether a small storage building or a durable, medium-sized outdoor structure.
How long must I wait for my shed to be delivered?
Due to seasonal demand and the type purchased, delivery times can vary from 1-6 weeks. Our installation specialists will contact you after you have purchased your building from The Home Depot to arrange a delivery date and time for installation. This can be done Monday through Friday except on holidays. It is important to coordinate the delivery and installation.
Can I customize my new wood shed to match the exterior of my home?
Yes. You can design your shed to match the style of your home or other outdoor storage structures by choosing from various siding and roof options.
Will I need to get a permit for this storage building?
Costs and permit requirements vary depending on where you live and the size of your structure. Building permits are required for larger buildings, but smaller storage sheds and custom sheds installed on rural sites will not require permits. To determine if you need a permit for your installation, consult your service provider or your local building authority. You may have covenants that limit the size, style, height, and location of your building. These should also be taken into consideration.